maripau's space

Hi 2 every1!!! You have entered my blog...it would be great if u put a comment telling me what u think of my posts or recommendations or anything so... I hope u enjoy it ;)!!!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Albania Games!


Have you heard of a town called Albania here in Colombia? It is located in the Guajira department. There is a school, called Albania too. Every year this school makes a sport event called Albania Games. I’m in the soccer team so I went to play there. This was a really interesting experience I will like to talk about.

In Albania there is a kind of camp called Mushaisa, where the school, the houses, and small buildings are. There are no hotels so a girl that live there called Wendy lodged me. I became friend of her and of other of her friends: Liz, Verena, Jessica,
Natalia, and Claudia. We all went to a party in honor of the carnival of Barranquilla called the Guacherna. There, we threw flour and bags of water to each other. It was very fun.

Even though this trip was very fun, I also lived a very bad experience. In the airport I took my wallet out to buy some food. When they asked me for me I.D, I noticed I had lost my wallet! ALL my money was in there. I never found it, but luckily I didn’t need it so much, because I always ate at Wendy’s house, and the only thing I buy was a Coca-Cola in the Guacherna with 1000 pesos (about 50 cents) that my friend Juliana lend me. Later in Cartagena I got another I.D and the money, well, if it’s lost its lost.

Now, let’s talk about sports. The good thing is that our team won first place! Wo-hoo! The bad thing is that there were only two teams! Ha Ha Ha!!! Some teams couldn’t go so we were only the Cojowa team and the Coalba team. I didn’t play very well because I played a position I had never played before. I could have done a lot better but I had very little confidence because of this. However it was okay. I’m not going to die because of that. After all, later I learned to play that position better.

Albania Games were very fun. First of all, I got to know a knew place. I had to do a project about Guajira, so that trip helped me gather information. Second, the experience of losing my wallet was a mistake and from every mistake, you learn something knew. Third, I also learned to play a new position in soccer. And last but not least, I made new friends, which I hope to see soon again in the Cartagena games!

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger La_Colombianita said...

MaPau
I will love to hear more about your
SOCCER team but the rest I loved
luv yah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home