maripau's space

Hi 2 every1!!! You have entered my blog...it would be great if u put a comment telling me what u think of my posts or recommendations or anything so... I hope u enjoy it ;)!!!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lights Off, Fun On!


"It's is Michelle's turn. Please don't throw the pieces all over the room. Remember I will be the one to organize this. Huh. Next time let's not meet on my house. Hahaha!" said Amanda, who was having a tough but fun time playing Monopoly in her house with her friends Michelle, Danialle, and Sophie. They were having a lot of fun, but then Michelle said, "I'm kind of bored. Let's do something different. I brought a CD of many great singers I love! Let’s hear it!"

"Ok. But I'll bring some snacks first. What about some Doritos and Coca-Cola?" asked Amanda.

"Yes! I'm hungry! I love Doritos!" the three girls answered. In five minutes Amanda was back with the snacks and they started hearing the CD. They were dancing and singing. They liked so much the CD that they heard it all twice. But suddenly, Amanda turned off the music. "Hey!" Sophie exclaimed.

"Aren't you kind of bored of hearing this CD?" Amanda asked.

"Well, yeah, kind of.” Michelle agreed.

"Okay. Let's watch T.V. then” Said Sophie. They were watching a T.V. show called "Next". All the problems started when the fan, the lights, and the television went off by themselves. Nothing creepy, just that the electricity had gone.

"Gosh! What are we doing now? You know my life is like a marathon and I've got to be doing something always."Danialle said.

"Don't worry. Let’s go outside and play with the ball. I wish I could play soccer or basket but I lost both balls in the park. But we can play with a normal ball on the parking lot." Amanda said. They took the ball and went to the parking lot.

First, they played a game they called "Paredon". After that they started playing four square. But then they played to pass the ball by kicking it. First, everyone kicked okay. Second, it was okay, too. But at the third time Danialle kicked it so hard that it went to the other building. She didn't noticed what she had done so she laughed. "So you did it on purpose?" said Amanda.

“What?" asked Danialle, surprised.

"You threw the ball away! If it wasn't on purpose, you wouldn't be laughing." Amanda said angrily.

"No! Really not! Is that I didn't notice I had threw it away! You have to believe me! Please!” Said Danialle, worried.

"However, you had to be careful with it. You knew it was my only ball left” said Amanda.

"Amanda, I understand that you are angry because it is your only ball, but you have to understand that she didn't throw it on purpose." Said Sophie, trying to help.

"Yeah. I was being careful, just that not enough..." said Danialle.

"Okay. You both are right. Sorry to start fighting for something as dumb as a ball that can be bought again.” Amanda said. They had nothing to do so they just stand in the parking lot.

"There it goes!" they heard someone yelled. Then the ball flew back from the other building.

"Thank youuuu!"Amanda exclaimed. They were very happy the ball was back but they couldn't continue playing because it was so dark they could barely see their hands.

Then, they went upstairs and Amanda turned on a lamp because there was no electricity yet. "Well, the only thing left to do without electricity is to talk. How was your cousin's party yesterday, Michelle?". Said Sophie.

"Well, actually it was kind of boring. I didn't know most of my cousin's friends so I was very lonely and shy." Michelle said.

"I'm so bored! If there was electricity I would be in MSN or playing on internet!" Said Danialle.

"No! You know I'm not very good with computers and you know that I don't like them so much. I've got a normally, perfect, easy life without them and..." said Sophie and they continued talking for a while until Michelle took the lamp and started checking the room with it.

"Amanda, you should organize your room. Your closet is amazingly messy! What about if we helped you organize it?” Michelle said.

"If you want. I don't mind". Said Amanda, and they all started cleaning and organizing the room.

Later, Sophie stops and said, "Hey, I’m going to the bathroom.” She went and when she was back she looked nervous. "Um, girls, I think I saw something moving by the kitchen when I was coming back from the bathroom. But maybe is my imagination. You know me". Said Sophie. They laughed. Then Michelle said she needs to go to the bathroom too. When she was back she seemed scared, too.

"Hey Sophie, It wasn't your imagination. I saw something moving in the kitchen!” exclaimed Michelle.

"Oh! In days like this, when I was a little girl, I would think it is a ghost. However, it obviously isn't a ghost. What about if it is a thief? A drug addict!" said Sophie.

"I don't know but someone has to go check what it is and that someone isn't me!” said Danialle.

"Me neither!" said Michelle and Sophie at the same time.

"Well, someone needs to go check and.... I think I have to be that someone since I'm the one who lives here". Said Amanda, and she left with another lamp.

Waiting for Amanda, the other three girls started talking. "Why is she taking so long?... Maybe what was moving was a murderer and killed her.... don't say things like that!... we should go check..... Noooo!..."These where some things the girls talked about. Suddenly, everyone heard Amanda's voice saying, "Oh my god!". When the girls heard that, the three of them ran to the kitchen to see why her friend yelled like that. When they got there, there they found her, lying in a corner with that something-that-moved, in top of her... bitting her, licking her...

"A cat? What are you doing lying there playing with a cat?" said Sophie.

"Well, this is Rupert, the neighbor's cat. He is that something-that-moved". Said Amanda.

"Oh! So he escaped from his house and entered by your kitchen..." said Michelle.

"Exactly. This has happened a couple of times before. I'll call his owners later” Said Amanda.

“But then, why did you yell 'oh my god!'?" asked Danialle.

"You three were so scared that didn't hear the rest. I yelled: Oh my god! You are so cute. What are you doing here Rupert?” said Amanda.

They all laughed and started playing with the cat in the kitchen. They served him milk. Minutes later, the electricity came back. But they continued playing with the cat in the kitchen because they were having fun like that. Later, each girl when back to her home. They left very happy, because they had finally had fun even though normally they got bored when there was no electricity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home